Finally we are seeing the sun shining and feeling those warmer temperatures! Spring has sprung and that means time to fire up the grill! Now, as you may have read in a previous post, I had a bad experience the last time I tried to grill pork chops, so I was determined to redeem myself not only to my Studhubs, but to the world at large. Since it was another windy day, I decided to use my indoor grill pan. Now, I have a WONDERFUL grill, but in the event that you don't have one, or don't have the space for one, these inexpensive grill plates fit right over your burners and deliver the beautiful, charred look you know and love. Let me show you how I did it.
Perfect Grilled Pork Chops:
*Prep Time: 30 minutes *Cook Time: 10-12 minutes *Difficulty: Easy *Servings: 1 chop
- Olive Oil
- 1.5 in. Boneless Pork Loin Chop
- Outdoor Grill or Grill Pan
- Meat Thermometer
About 30 minutes before grilling your pork chops, you will want to remove them from the refrigerator and pat them dry.
Using your homemade steak seasoning, or as I like to call it, all purpose seasoning,
heavily season your chops on both sides.
Take a moment and rub seasoning into your chops.
Cover with Saran wrap and set on the counter to come to room temperature.
**You always want to cook meat at room temperature.**
Next, coat your grill or grill pan with olive oil and let pre heat.
Once your grill is hot, place your chops on it. Let cook for 4-6 minutes.
**DO NOT TOUCH CHOPS UNTIL READY TO TURN**
After 4-6 minutes, you will flip your chops and let them cook for another 4-6 minutes until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees.
When your chops have reached the correct internal temperature, remove from the grill, cover with foil and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
After you have allowed the chops to rest, plate them up with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
These pork chops are moist and succulent. Not to mention they have great flavor from the rub. I know this will become a regular on your grill this summer! Get out there and make this tonight and I would love to hear your feedback, as well as see your pictures on my FB page!
And as always...
Happy Reading, Happy Eating, and Happy Living,
~The Kitchen Wife~
Perfect Grilled Pork Chops:
*Prep Time: 30 minutes *Cook Time: 10-12 *Difficulty: Easy *Servings: 1 chop
- Homemade Steak Seasoning
- 1 1.5 in boneless pork loin chop
- Olive oil
- Grill (indoor or out)
- Meat thermometer
- Heavily season both sides of chips with homemade seasoning.
- Let set on counter for 30 minutes, to come to room temp.
- Preheat grill.
- Using towel, coat grill grates with oil.
- Place chops on grill and let cook 4-6 minutes.
- **Watch for flare ups. If you notice this happening, or premature charring, move to cooler spot on grill.**
- After 4-6 minutes, flip to the other side, and let cook another 4-6 minutes.
- When the internal temperature reads 160 degrees, your chops are done.
- Remove from grill to plate, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Plate and serve.